Friday, January 27, 2012

Awesome News!

The big news is....I GOT MY VISA!!!  I can now actually get onto the plane! 
This might be the best photo ever taken of me. (*sarcasm alert*)  
 And I got back all the paperwork with the visa....now I see why it took so long.  There were approximately twelve thousand different stamps and seals to prove I am not a criminal.
Hilary Clinton signed this!  Fancy!
Confession: This actually happened yesterday, I just got preoccupied and didn't blog about it.

.....but today, something even MORE exciting happened....I got an email from my host family!!  (I might have screamed a little.)  I thought I wouldn't get any info on them until I arrived in Bolivia.  The family is a mom, a dad, and three kids (ages 21, 14, and 12).  They have 2 cats and 2 dogs, and like to garden and cook (LIKE ME!).  I read their letter (which was in Spanish) and I totally understood it!  I am REALLY excited to meet them.  With all the stress about reading and packing and taking classes in Español, it was nice to have a dose of pure excitement.

In other news, I weighed my suitcase and it came to a whopping 57 pounds.  (Like carrying around a small child.  All that xc/track weight-lifting will come in handy.)  So I need to re-pack to have 2 suitcases, as opposed to one, because of silly baggage rules.  (I refuse to leave things behind.... I need two bottles of sunscreen!  Two pairs of pants for four months is not being excessive.)

Other activities for the day....making vegan pizza and chocolate cake!
Green pepper and tomatoes

Green peppers, tomatoes, and TVP
And some kitty pictures:

Another one of Elbow

Nala has been a little neglected so far on my blog.
¡Adios amigos!

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting! LOVE you lauren and I can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete