Sunday, February 19, 2012

Alberto's Country House

Sunday, February 12

Today, my family told me we were going swimming at their friend Alberto's.  Alberto has a really cool country house with a pool.  We spent some time swimming, and then went inside for some bread and soda.  Alberto's house has a hammock that hung from the rafters!  My host sibs wrapped themselves up like caterpillars, which I sadly couldn't express in Spanish.

Alberto also has a workshop at his house.  He collects old antique-y things and fixes them up and makes them cool again.  He also carves masks....the wooden kind you would buy as a souvenir on some island.  They were so gorgeous and looked professionally done.  Alberto tried to tell me they weren't very complicated to make, but I didn't believe him.  His family doesn't like the country, so he comes here alone.  He told us to come by whenever we want.  Alberto is one cool dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment