Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bolivian Truths


-Sometimes flossing is too much effort
-I usually swallow my toothpaste
-Once I used the sink water to rinse my toothbrush.  I lived.
-Skirts never get dirty
-Street dogs are not your friends
-Smile and nod
-Baby shampoo doesn’t actually clean hair
-Don’t hail a taxi from the street, always call one from your phone
-Street dogs still aren’t your friends
-It’s totally okay to call someone a gordito (fatty/fatso)
-1/2 hot water, 1/2 cold water makes tea drinkable right away
-Waving your hands around makes people understand you better (*sarcasm alert*)
-Don't ask for a photo unless you want to pay for it
-Sometimes the taxi you call doesn't come, even after a hour of waiting and two follow-up calls
-It's hard to write correctly in English after so much Spanish

No comments:

Post a Comment