Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Deadlines and Haikus


Hey know what’s cool?  I changed the default on Microsoft Word to Spanish, so everything I’m typing has a wiggly line!
Anyway….so the last few days have been pretty crazy, because our ISP (independent study projects) start Thursday (aka tomorrow).  So all our class notes, reflections, and reading notes/reflections were due today, not to mention our ISP proposals and the Human Subjects Research form (a legal thing we fill out to ensure we’re not harming anyone physically, emotionally, etc.)   So lots of late nights and cups of coffee later, I’m DONE with that and ready to start my ISP tomorrow!  All the kids on my program were feeling particularly united by the massive amount of work we all had, and because some people are leaving Cochabamba for their ISP.  So we started writing haikus on our facebook page…here are a few ones I wrote while delirious:
Writing I.R.B.
I wanna do some sleeping
And eat salteñas.
I smell really bad
Fifty points from Gryffindor
For not showering.
I so sad today.
Host fam never eat pancakes.
I gon fix dat hoy.
(My host family told me they never had pancakes, they just saw them in movies!!  I make them pancakes and French toast for lunch yesterday.)
Sleepy SIT babies
Can't stop thinking in haikus.
Procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment