Friday, April 13, 2012

Trip to the Movies--Bolivian Style

On Wednesday, I went with my 12-year old awesome sister to see a movie at the theater.  Wednesday is 2-for-1 (as in 2 people, not 2 movies).  We were planning on seeing the Lorax, but once we got there we decided to see Viaje 2 (directly translated as "Trip 2," I don't know what the English version is called.)  The Rock is in it.  In Spanish he's refered to as "la Rocka."  How cool is that?

So once my sister payed for our tickets, I realized there was only one!  So I asked where the other one was.  She told me "It's two for one, remember?"  Apparently 2 for 1 here means two people for one ticket, not two tickets for one price.  Then we bought snacks--a GIANT thing of popcorn and drinks for each of us. In summary:
Ticket                25
Giant Popcorn   17
Water                 10
Giant Soda         15

Total: 67 bolivianos, aka about 10 US dollars.  WINNING.

Also, the movie was fun.  It was Spanish-dubbed, but it was action-y and the language wasn't that hard to understand.  The only part that wasn't dubbed was when the Rock sung "What a Wonderful World" and changed the words to make fun of another character.  They didn't even have subtitles, so I was the only one laughing in the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment